Volume 5: May 2023 SOARING EAGLES NEWSLETTER
5/4 - Progress Reports
5/8 - 5/12 - Teacher Appreciation Week !
5/11 - Open House
5/12 - Senior Prom Ticket Deadline
5/24 & 5/25 - Senior Pictures
5/26 - Recess Day (No School)
5/29 - Memorial Day (No School)
We are approaching the finish line! The weather is getting warmer and we are excited to welcome more sunshine and make sure our boys finish finish strong!
Parents please encourage scholars to take advantage of tutoring offered during Community Hour and After After School!
REGENTS ARE AROUND THE CORNER!
Please make sure your scholar is taking advantage of Regents Prep offered
Mon.-Thurs. at 4p-4:30p !
We also use our school website, Instagram and Facebook pages for updates and events, so follow us !
FB : green tech charter high school
WHAT'S GOING ON THIS MONTH
Mandatory Student Meetings
At GTH we do everything in our power to ensure our boys move on to the next grade. We will behaving MANDATORY meeting with students and parents to discuss students who are at risk for Summer School and/or not graduating. Your support in this matter as a parent or guardian goes a long way.
We offer tutoring to ALL STUDENTS!! Please reach out to our Guidance Department with any questions or concerns! Our scholars have not been taking advantage, so please encourage your scholar to attend so we can get them to Graduation!
Our June Regents is approaching and we want to ensure our boys are as prepared as possible. The Regents Prep Schedule has been sent to all students and parents and is also displayed throughout the school.
We are accepting students for our upcoming 23-24 school year. If you are interested in enrolling your scholar please reach out to our Enrollment Coordinator Ms. Slaughter.
Our next Open House is 5/11/23 at 5:30pm!
This year we are partnering with ACCS for our Senior Prom. The flyer with all details have been sent home and given to the boys. The tickets are$50 per person and due by 5/12! Please make sure your scholar finishes his high school with a bang!
Track/Field and Baseball Season
The Season has started! Be on the lookout for our games! Our athletes work all year round!
Who Should I contact?
Main Office Hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:45 am - 7 pm
Friday 7:45 am - 3:30 pm
Chrome book help, email address and password help
Schedules, Transcripts, Guidance counselors
Dean of Students
Mr. Sibert - 9th and 12th grade
Mr. Hunter - 10th and 11th grade
Change of Address, Important forms, updated contact information Main Office
PTO, Attendance and Family Intervention
Mr. Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Thursday
4:00pm - 4:30pm
Physics / Chemistry
Greetings Senior Parents/Guardians,
As your student moves closer to the end of his high school journey, here are a few milestones to keep in mind. This letter serves as a general reminder. Detailed information will be provided as we approach each event.
Cap and Gown
· The cost is $35.00, only cash payments can be made in the main office. Payments can be made up to Thursday April 20. If you missed the deadline to order, contact Mrs. Brown email@example.com
· We are scheduled to work with iSmile Studios to take pictures of our seniors on Wednesday, May 24, and Thursday, May 25. Please remind your scholar to dress in his pressed school uniform or outfit of choice.
Senior Class Rings
· Families can independently purchase a class ring through Josten’s Company on their website, www.jostens.com
· This event is being planned by the student government.
· Save the date! Saturday, June 24, 2023
· The Ceremony begins at 2:00pm. Ticket information will be provided at a later date.
· It is extremely important that you and your scholar know if he is on track to graduate. Contact the guidance department: Ms. Lewis works with students whose last names begin with A-L, Ms. Campbell works with students whose last names begin with M-Z
Ticket Deadline: May 12
Albany Leadership & Green Tech Presents
Saturday, June 3
189 Wolf Rd. Albany, NY
$50 per ticket
For more information contact:
Albany Leadership Charter High
Green Tech Charter High
Parent Teacher Organization
GTH PTO is up and running, and looking for parents and loved ones for additional support!
Currently members have a lot of exciting and new ideas for the school year!
PTO meetings will be the third Wednesday of the month, held at GTH!
If you're interested in joining please contact Mr. Jones
Open House Dates
January 30, 20 23: Via Zoom
Meeting ID: 950 6261 2228 Passcode: puJs8z
February 28, 2023: @GTH
March 23, 2023: @GTH
May 11, 2023: @GTH
Please contact Mrs. Slaughter. our Enrollment Coordinator
to RSVP or If you have questions:
99 Slingerland Street, Albany, NY 12202